Thursday, March 16, 2006

Howdy!

I'm Shasta and I thought I would start my own blog after reading several others here. I find them really interesting and motivating although I don't know if I will ever ride a bike again (bicyclists). I used to love my bike because I would imagine it to be my horse since I couldn't have a real one. I still have my old steed though I don't ride it much as it is a road bike and we now live on dirt roads. It is a Schwinn from (get this) 1979! "His" name is Benjamin. Benjamin should be retired and I should get myself something for gravel, dirt and with a fat assed seat to match my own!

I will tell you though, three summers ago I was traveling to an art workshop I was taking. It was early morning, driving up and down the country back roads when I crested a hill and there it was...a gloriously green Trek racing bike, smack dab in the middle of the road! Just laying there! I jumped out and picked it up, feeling the smoothness, the lightness, taking in the beauty of such a fine gift. It had two towels wrapped around the tires and forks of which I am assuming it had been tied down. I had passed someone in a truck with furniture in the back.

It was a difficult decision as I loaded that beauty into my trunk. I turned the car around and started heading back the way the truck was going. They must have suspected something because they had pulled over a ways up. I pulled up to them and asked if it was their bike which it was.

That was my good deed for the day.

1 comment:

Tom Stormcrowe said...

Good for you! Good KARMA! Bicyclists NEVER steal each others rides! Now you will have good luck getting back in the Saddle! Feel free to drop by, either at my blogspot blog or MSN blog.....or both!